Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Prescription of Happiness : Take when symptoms of "Joy" are gone

Its already April, Spring is in full bloom, only it keeps raining.

Lately I've been feeling a lot of burden on my life. I'm not sure how this all came to be, but it suddenly hit me that i live my life filling the expectations of others. I dont know if Life is supposed to be like this, but i dont like it at all.

My understanding of how society works is, people cant live without other people, its just not human nature, we're very social creatures. We thrive on being with others, building relationships of all sorts. Nowadays, people thrive of the fight to survive and become a success. And this has now a high value in our lives. We are measured by how successful we are and how long we can keep that success. A perfect example of this is the Ipod. Yea, and ipod. Its a total status symbol. I am socially acceptable and somewhat well off because i have an ipod. Its the same with all products. People mistake these status empowering products as fads and fashion statements, but its really saying, look at me, im rich. I think we've lost all the happiness that we hold in our lives. How often have you hiked up a mountain and just enjoyed the view? When was the last time you enjoyed the scent of a flower? When was the last time you laughed so hard you couldnt breathe? When was the last time you just spent some time not being busy? When was the last time you just closed your eyes to a song and just let your mind and soul feel the beat?

These things all increase happiness. They help us relax and just enjoy life so much more. Why can't we do this everyday? There is no reason, only that we choose not to. Its so sad, It could be one hour, 5 min, even a min of your time and you could be in a totally different place!

Back to my original point though, I busy myself with all these expectations, that i dont have the time to enjoy my life. From this moment on, i promise to myself to be happier!

- fill out~!


Last Run : 12:00 "still haven't broke the 10 min mark!"
Girl : What Girl? Be more proactive Fill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment