Friday, May 8, 2009

Life of Technology

Today as i was walking in the park, i saw an old couple, i think about the ages of late 60's maybe early 70's. They were talking a walk both with cellphones to their ears yapping away. I sat down just to see how long they would continue ignoring each other on their walk. After about 15 min, one of them hung up and dialed another number. !!! Ridiculous! I wonder if in the future, people will cease to have human interaction. It be like calling someone sitting right next to you so you could talk. Its pretty sad, that we are turning in to these machines that require to be "plugged in" at all times. A few weeks ago i lost my cellphone, which i use for pretty much everything. Calling people, Google maps, texts, emails, instant msging. I was without a cellphone for 5 days. At the same time, we had switched internet services and was without internet. I never had such a quiet 5 days of my life! I spent my time studying, reading, exercising. It was so liberating! And then i got a replacement phone and internet and i was hooked on it again. Its like a drug. I dont know what i'd do without my cellphone or internet. But i guess it isnt all bad, phones do help you connect with people in our busy lives. I just think we depend on it too much, like i do.

end of rant!

- Fill Out!

1 comment:

PJS said...

let me know when your 30 in 60 tours san francisco. i really think it should

Post a Comment