Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Faith

How would you describe faith? ill start like all people, webster. Webster's says that faith is an allegiance to duty or a person, belief and trust in and loyalty to God, something that is believed especially with strong conviction.

My brother, the philosopher (really a philosopher), always questions my faith, asking why do you go to church? What reason could you have for being Catholic? Many times before i couldnt answer him. If he asked me today, i still probably couldnt answer him. I once thought that faith was indescribable, it was impossible. I've lived a lot more life since then and experienced possibly much less than before, but i a Catholic, mostly because of the people that surround me. I dont do it because of God, simply put, i do it for other people. I guess this is a really bad reason. I really want to have a strong conviction for Catholicism, maybe i just need to learn more about my faith.


Lent starts tmw.
This Lent... My Sacrifices

1. Pray more
2. be more proactive about.... everything
3. read more
4. eat less (no eating out/sugar water)
5. learn to defend My personal faith


Fill, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment